Sunday, December 4, 2011

New for the Dec. 8,9,10 Market CARDBOARD SAFARI!

Our living room wall with its new trophy!
Oh my gosh I am so excited! We just got in an order from these cool guys in Virginia who run an amazing company called Cardboard Safari. Cardboard Safari creates unique, cardboard home dec stuff. As soon as I saw their deer head, it spoke this to me: "Take me to Wisconsin, to Whitetail Deer country...you are my people!" Weeks later while giddily unpacking the order, I knew I had a winner when my daughter said, "Cool! Mom, I saw these at Urban Outfitters!" Well, Eau Claire, it doesn't get much cooler than U.O. and Anthro so yay us.

My son Will had the little dear head assembled in minutes and really enjoyed the process. The tree took me less than 10 minutes and I love how it can be packed flat until next year. I can't wait to get a large deer head for over my mantel for Christmas!I plan on covering the components with vintage sheet music (copies of old Christmas carols, etc.) before assembling. I ordered 2 darling designs (a rocket and baby rhino) that kids would enjoy putting together. What a fun activity to assemble these kits and then personalize them with markers, stickers or paint. And THEN have a toy to play with that was made with your very own hands!
Snow & Graham covered a moose in their adorable daisy paper
Prices range from $12 for the smaller kits to $52 for the big ole animal trophies.

No comments:

Post a Comment